Thursday, September 27, 2012

Overheard at Franciscan.

It seems like a vast majority of people who read this blog are interested in learning about life at  Franciscan. Whether you have attended Franciscan as a student,visited or know of Franciscan simply because I'm a student here, one of the most-unique aspects of FUS is the culture driven my faith.  Having attended public school and a different Catholic university before coming here, I can attest that life here is far different than anything that I have ever experienced. We, as baptized Catholics, are called to live a life dedicated to serving God, which everyone here strives for. Although we live serious lives driven in Christ, we still manage to have a lot of good appropriate fun and, most importantly, bond over striving to be true disciples of Christ.

There is a group on Facebook titled, "Overheard at Franciscan" and is a place where all "Frannies" (name for Franciscan students) share all of the crazy conversations that they have been in or have heard on campus. I have decided to blog some of the more funny and relatable ones so that people can gain a true sense of what life at Franciscan is truly like. I discovered this group last summer  and it really made me excited to attend Franciscan. I hope you enjoy!

Girl : "Man in the hall!"
Guy :"Stud muffin in the hall!! Just kidding this muffin is taken by Our Blessed Mother!!"
-overheard in St. Thomas Moore Hall




Girl to girl outside of the chapel: "{insert girls name}, You're hair is so beautiful. You have the type of hair that distracts men during mass."



*heard walking out of Egan*
guy 1: "dude, our professor grades ridiculously harsh, he thinks he's infallible or something"
guy 2: "yeah, that's messed up. he's no Papa Benny!"




Two guys in the bOokstore:
"true love waits.....till the second date"
"I can't believe you just said that. You will now be hated by the entire Franciscan female population."




Girl in the JC to other girl, "Just because you say hello doesn't mean you're going to marry him".



girl: you look so handsome today!
guy: thanks! i'm emulating saint joseph.




guy: "See you later...John?"
Me: "Close."
guy: "...Mark?"
Me: "Joseph."
guy: "Oh. When you said close, I just assumed you meant another Gospel writer."



"I can't wear that"
"Why?"
"Because I got a horrible tan from my scapular this summer"



At the crowded library: "I'm like the Virgin Mary! There is no room at the inn!!"



At the Caf (where so many epic things are said):
"If I wasn't Catholic, I'd be Jewish."
"Dude. If I wasn't Catholic, I'd BECOME Catholic!" 


Also, check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1_85D6LsCY&list=UUY_tSVY14E0dg2Qvf8BiGqg&index=1&feature=plcp 

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. I'm such a blog stalker and I don't even care. I read this like three seconds after you posted it, but decided to not freak you out...that I would wait a day or two to comment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! i do the same with your blog, so don't fear :). Did you watch the video (i've posted it on facebook too)? I'm thinking about writing about my calling towards Catechetics, so stay tuned :)

      Delete